Thursday, May 19, 2011

March 21, 2011...a really, really bad day

My best friend, Amy called me the same day we got Porter's awful diagnosis of a bone tumor.  She wanted to let me know that she and her husband had had to put their dog Baxter down that evening.  He had cancer.  He hadn't been eating for several days but the fact that they had to let him go really surprised me.  I think they were pretty shocked as well.  What a shitty, shitty day.
I had texted her earlier that the news about Porter's vet visit wasn't good.  I hated to even mention anything to her, but she said that she was pretty numb and to just let her have it.  I told her Porter had bone cancer. 
We've talked about how awful that day was since then.  I hope I don't see a day like that again.  It was a really, really bad one.

No comments:

Post a Comment